Sunday 9 December 2012

Introduction

Hi My name is Chris Wilson and I'm an English Man in Badajoz.

I moved here at the end of September 2012 to teach English as a foreign language in an academy here.

My aim of this blog is to provide some reviews, rants, pictures and generally bloggatry about what it is like living here in Badajoz so if you've never been to Badajoz or even Spain at all then you will still get an idea of what it is like living here.

Speaking of living here I have a small three bedroom flat about 5 minutes from the centre of Badajoz just of the main street. It wasn't that expensive and the rooms are comfortable. It also has a bathroom AND bonus toilet! A big plus.

However, it doesn't have any central heating which is very common amongst the flats that I looked at here in Badajoz. I didn't think it would be too bad as my image of Spain was a perpetual Summer (especially here on the way South, though not AndalucĂ­a by any means). Boy was I wrong. The winter here is actually fairly comparable with England, with temperatures dropping occasionally bellow zero. It IS warmer but not as significantly as it is during the summer.

Getting a heater for a flat is a big plus.

Oh yeah proper ovens are also pretty rare in flats here too. I saw one in all the flats that I looked at. I know my budgets wasn't the highest and if I had looked at houses to rent the situation would certainly have been different but it is a big annoying.

I have two housemates, Both of whom are Spanish and very nice. I'll tell you some more about them next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment